About Terminology Maps
If you utilize the Inventory Center in Lasso, you have the ability to create Terminology Maps in the Client Admin Center that allow you to rename the Inventory fields to better reflect terminology unique to your business. Different Terminology Maps can be created for different projects, using regional, geographic, or customer-specific terms that your Users will be familiar with.
There are two stages to creating a Terminology Map. The first is to create the map itself and the second is to assign it to a project. Once a map is created, it can be assigned to a specific projecs or used on multiple projects. Only one Terminology Map can be active on a project at any given time.
Before mapping terms, please note the following:
- Terminology changes must maintain the existing field format. For example, if a field is formatted as a number, it cannot be used for text.
- The fields in red in the table below impact the workflow of the contract process in Lasso so it is important that, while the terms can change, the definitions must remain the same. Please refer to Contract Process for further information.
To Access Terminology Maps:
Note: You must have a Client Administrator Role and System Terminology Maps Permissions to access this area.
- Add Terminology Map
- Assign Terminology Map to Project
- Unassign Terminology Map from Project
- Update/Edit Terminology Map
- Delete Terminology Map