Set Up Google Apps for Email Tracking
The following instructions are for those clients who are using Google Apps to host their email. These steps will ensure that email messages are copied to Lasso and captured as History in the Registrant Profiles.
- Access the G Suite Administration interface (i.e. admin.google.com).
- Navigate to Apps > Google Apps > Gmail > Advanced settings.
- In the Organizations section, highlight your domain or the organizational unit for which you want to configure settings.
- Scroll down to Content compliance. Hovering over this row shows a menu on the right side.
- Select Add another to add a new rule.
- In Section 1, select both Inbound and Outbound.
- In Section 2, select If Any of the following...
- Add the email address of the salesperson as the expression.
- In Section 3, select Modify Message.
- Select Add more recipients under Also deliver to.
- Add recipient:firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click Save changes at the bottom of the page.
Please note that changes can take up to 24 hours to process but are usually enabled within a few minutes. Inbound mail from clients does not appear in the History section of the Registrant Profile as quickly as outbound mail from Lasso Sales Reps but it will appear.