Reply To/Forward Email Message
You will see buttons for replying to or forwarding a message in the third row on the Mail Home Page. Use these buttons as follows:
- Reply will create a new message in reply to the currently selected one; it will be addressed to the sender of the selected message only.
- Reply all is similar to Reply, but the reply will not only be addressed to the sender of the selected message but also to anyone else who was copied in on the sender’s message. Use this if the message was sent to a group of people and you want all of them to receive your answer.
- Forward sends the currently selected message to another person.
1 – Click into the Mail Center .
2 – You can reply to or forward a message in two ways:
a) Directly from the message screen:
Open up the message by double-clicking on it and then, depending on the action you want to take, click on Reply, Reply all, or Forward.
b) From the list in a folder:
Click on the message in the folder and then, depending on the action you want to take, click on Reply, Reply all, or Forward above the list.
3 – If you selected Reply or Reply all, the associated email addresses will be in the To space. If you selected Forward, the To space will be blank, giving you the opportunity to enter the appropriate email address. You can also choose to copy other recipients in on the message by selecting:
• Add Cc – The To recipients will see who was copied in on the message
• Add Bcc – The To recipients will not see who was copied in on the message
• Add Reply-To – The message will show as Reply-To if opened up in the Sent folder
• Add Follow-up-To – The message will show as Followup-To if opened up in the Sent folder
Note: Begin typing the first few letters of the intended email recipient’s first or last name. As you type, names containing the letters you are typing will appear in a dropdown list if they are Registrants assigned to you or have been added to your Address Book.
4 – Type your message in the space provided.
5 – Click Send.