Registration Page Questions/Troubleshooting
To test a Registration Page, please refer to https://app.lassocrm.com/registrant_signup/help.
1 - Why isn’t the form submitting to Lasso?
- Form must be submitted via POST, not GET. Refer to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/POST_%28HTTP%29 for more information
- Validate your form at https://app.lassocrm.com/registrant_signup/help.
2 - What does error code 118 mean?
Page does not exist. Ensure that the URL is correct, e.g. wrong URL or typos, extra characters, upper case, or spaces in URL.
3 - Can forms be posted to HTTPS? Yes
4 - Can forms be posted via XMLHttpRequest? No
- a regular form post
5 - Does Lasso allow cross-site posting? No
- a regular form post
6 - Can the form be submitted to multiple projects?
Yes. Use an array for the Project IDs, i.e. ProjectID rather than ProjectID. (Lasso UID must be the same for all.)
Note: When posting to multiple projects from a single form, if a Registrant selects:
- 31 or less communities, the Thank You page is displayed upon clicking Submit and the registrant is submitted to all selected projects.
- 32 or more communities, an error message is displayed instead of the Thank You page upon clicking Submit and the registrant is submitted to all selected projects.
- 45 or more communities, an error message is displayed instead of the Thank You page upon clicking Submit and the registrant is submitted to the first 41 projects only.
7 - What if both ProjectID and ProjectID are included in the code?
Lasso will use the array – ProjectID.
8 - If a single form is used to submit to multiple projects and a question is used to identify the projects, can the same Project ID be assigned to more than one answer?
Yes. Note that if Project ID is tied to a community answer, then the community question must be required.
9 - Lasso throws a warning message when a registrant who already exists with the same email address in a project database tries to sign up on a registration form. Can the message be replaced with a custom message?
10 - Can cURL be used to post to Lasso?
Yes, if posted as an array.
Please refer to the following for guidance:
11 - What does the following error message mean?
XMLHttpRequest cannot load http://www.mylasso.com/registrant_signup.php. No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. Origin 'http://www.projectname.com' is therefore not allowed access.
- form on client domain -> server on client domain -> cURL to Lasso
12 - WordPress plug-in Gravity forms does not allow custom names or IDs in the code. How can the form post to Lasso?
Post to the client server via cURL.
13 - Can the SignupEmailLink page have dynamic content, e.g. phone number based on location? Yes
14 - Can the redirect to the thank-you page be handled outside of Lasso/by the client?
15 - Can Google reCAPTCHA be implemented?
Yes, but not directly to Lasso. In order to implement Google reCAPTCHA, the registration page must be submitted via cURL.
16 - If using Hubspot or Unbounce for registration pages, can existing questions be used on the form to populate Lasso?
Yes, using the Lasso question IDs, which can be found in the Project Admin Center under View Registration Page Code.
17 - Why is the registrant being directed back to the project website home page after form submission?
There is no thank-you page redirect in place.
18 - Does an IFrame registration page work with Lasso website tracking?
No, it does not.
19 - What happens with the thank-you page redirect when the registration page is in an IFrame?
The thank-you page displays in the small IFrame window.