Lasso Data Export Service
What is the Lasso Data Export Service?
The Lasso Data Export Service is a nightly export of your data that:
- Provides you with access to raw data files in the form of Parquet or CSV; or
- Allows you connect your data to a reporting tool you are currently using or would like to use, such as Google Data Studio or Tableau.
Why use the Lasso Data Export Service?
While standard reports in Lasso attempt to answer the majority of your business questions, you may find yourself wanting to drill down deeper into your data and create reports that answer some questions unique to your company and processes. The Lasso Data Export service makes your data accessible so that you can create your own metrics and get the additional information you need to make better business decisions.
Use the export to:
- Drill down further into the data to examine things like the effectiveness of marketing campaigns, sales funnels, conversions, time to first contact, etc.
- Push Lasso data into a more robust reporting tool/Business Intelligence(BI) software
- Sync Lasso data with contract management software
- Get exactly the data needed
- Eliminate the need to manually export data from Lasso and import into a spreadsheet
- Back up Lasso data
How would the Lasso Data Export be used?
There are 3 basic ways to use the Lasso Data Export Service:
1 - Use the raw data files to create your own reports. For example, you could load the data into an Excel template.
Recommended connections are:
3 - Have Lasso create custom reports for you. Custom reports are created in Tableau and require the Lasso Data Export Service. (Please see section on fees below.)
Examples of tools clients are currently using with the Lasso Data Export:
What is the file format of the Lasso Data Export?
The data is exported via Parquet or CSV file format. Parquet files are supported by many database systems, such as Microsoft SQL Server or Hadoop. If you have an IT team, they may want to work with these files directly. Otherwise, CSV files can be opened with almost any analytical software suite, including Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel.
How is the Lasso Data Export delivered?
The files, whether they are in Parquet or CSV file format, can be delivered to your FTP site or AWS S3. You will need to provide your Lasso Client Director with the login credentials of the destination.
What is the frequency of the Lasso Data Export?
The export is a daily summary scheduled to run once a day, at midnight UTC. The data contained in the dataset is up to the moment of export. The data is NOT real-time.
Is the Lasso Data Export a full dataset or incremental?
The data exported is always a full dataset. An incremental dataset cannot be provided.
Please contact your Lasso Client Director for details.